Back From the Holiday Hussle  

Posted by Demon Hunter in , , , ,


It’s been a bit since my last posting (you can thank holiday insanity and trying to raise funds for christmas) and I have so much on my mind, I don’t even know where to start. :P

First thing is I want to sing the praises of my Natural Reader. This little gizmo can valuable to any writer. I use this thing to read my story back to me when i've had enough of reading it myself. Editing with this program is awesome, because it reads your story back to you and you can hear when something isn't right.

Usually the advice is to read your book outloud, but I find this kind of tedious and less effective than natural reader. Even though you are less likely to see words that aren’t there when you read out loud, I find that I still make that mistake sometimes. The natural reader doesn’t make that mistake, it see’s only what’s there and it makes re-reading the same book (that you’ve read 300 times already, no doubt) a little more fun.


Another thing I wanted to talk about is Amazon and how it almost totally DESTROYED ITSELF over a book about how to molest children. Unbelievable! I'm late with my rant so im sure everyone is over it, but this really pissed me off. And not just for the reasons everyone else is pissed off about it either, uh-uh, I have some completely selfish reasons for being upset :P

I was one of the, i'm sure, THOUSANDS of people who wrote angry letters to amazon telling them to pull the book out of their stores. If nothing else, think how bad this makes the self publishing industry on Amazon look? I KNEW there was going to be the industry slaves who were going to use this as evidence that no book should be published without gatekeepers making sure it's proper for the viewing public.

Yes, during a few online discussions about this fiasco, a notable one being on the Huffington Post, I saw people stating exactly that!

As if all self published authors are just trying to slip complete anarchy past the publishers and get it to the public to dismantle what's left of our good society. And look, to be fair, my book does contain a pedophile in it, but rest assured, my pedophile is attacked and humiliated in just about every section he appears in! And that's good, that's how it should be.

Because pedophiles are DEFINITELY bad people, and we cannot make fun of people because of their race--we cannot make fun of people because of their religion--But damn-it, do not tell us that we cannot make fun of pedophiles!!!!!



Evil does not deserve civil rights!


Btw, while we're on the subject of pedo's...the news and media beats it into our heads that you can't tell a pedophile by how they look, and i do believe that's true...but every pedo I ever seen on the news LOOKS exactly like you would expect a pedo to look...


BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, that's my mini rant. I was feeling guilty for not blogging here. On top of everything else I'm working on my new blog so that's another reason for the slowness getting the post out.

Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving. I did, now to go bust my ass to see if I can top it come Christmas.


This entry was posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at Saturday, November 27, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment